NorthGate College invites students to apply for admission. The College seeks applicants who are prepared to meet NorthGate’s challenging programs and make positive contributions to the college community.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The graphic below details the 6-step application process for all prospective NorthGate College students.
NorthGate’s Office of Admission carefully considers each applicant based upon his or her own merits. The decision for admission is also derived from evidence of intellectual capacity, personal motivation and integrity, and consideration of interests and accomplishments in non-academic areas.
The minimum age requirement for an applicant is 11 years old by September 1st. Applicants are not required to have completed the SEA examination but must complete our internal Entry Assessment.
Guidelines for Registration for Academic Year 2021-2022
Applicants can CLICK HERE to access and print the application form. A completed application form must be delivered to the administrative office with the accompanying documents as listed on the website.
Alternatively, applicants may collect the application form at the administrative office and will be guided accordingly.
There is an application fee of TT$150.00 (non-refundable)
APPLICATION DOCUMENTATION PREPARATION
Completed forms must be sent to the administrative office together with:
- 1 recent passport photograph
- Original and 1 copy of the birth certificate (original will be returned)
- Original and 1 copy of school reports for the last 2 academic years (original will be returned)
- SEA Student Performance Report for entry into form 2
- CXC result slip or certificate for re-entry into form 5 (repeater)
- CXC result slip or certificate for entry into form 6
- School recommendation letter. The letter should be completed by a Form Teacher, Class Teacher, Dean, or Principal
The student will be given a written entry assessment for the duration of approximately 2 to 3 hours. The assessment will be graded and all documents submitted will be reviewed to determine eligibility to advance to the interview stage.
An interview with the Director will be scheduled at a mutually determined date and time. The candidate and parent/ guardian are expected to attend. The interview will last for approximately 30 minutes.
Successful applicants will receive a package containing:
- an acceptance letter
- a bank slip for the payment of all fees
- a booklist
- “Guidelines for Parents and Students” booklet
- A brochure from the Elijah Centre
REGISTRATION AGREEMENT & PAYMENT
Parents/ Guardians of successful applicants must indicate their acceptance by returning the signed agreement attached to the Guidelines for Parents and Students booklet and payment slip for fees at least one week before the child begins school.
At the beginning of each academic year, new parents and students will be required to attend an Orientation Programme for the completion of the registration process.